Friday, November 24, 2017

Day 463: I wondered into another post apocalyptic movie...I think

Today I met a guy named Jack Porter, he claims to have once been an astronaut although he did say that was many clones ago. I asked him if he meant moons not clones and he just laughed and tried to explain it but then his "tech" radioed him and he said he would like to throw some ball with me sometime, but he had to go find a drone in sector 49. As he jumped into his pod thing and flew away I realized I had never seen anything machine that could fly since I left the vault and that I should have asked for a lift.
Was that the drone I shot down this morning I asked as I looked at the mess he had left
Damn, nothing useful not even a bottle cap.

I was considering this when heard this crazy screaming noise and the ground erupted in front of me.
It was like a chainsaw. I shot it anyway. I figured it was a mole rat.... well, crap it wasn't just some kind of remote-controlled chainsaw that had the temerity to blow up.... still I got some scrap metal out of it.
Later, I saw some mole rats fighting with the robot saw things and the rats were winning. I guess someone figured that would get rid of those buggers.

I was picking my way through a subway near Arefu when this guy comes running up to me.

"John Connor?"
"My name is Jo-"
"Come with me- if you want to live."
"My name is Jo-"
"Come on!"
He grabs my arm and starts hauling ass. We run like hell.
I look back and this Synth thing comes around the corner with a freaking mini-gun.
We dive over an embankment and there is Tracey from Vault 101 lying there with another dude who looks a lot like the guy who grabbed me. The two dudes stare at each other in silence.
I look at Tracey who waves.
"Hi Jo-" she tries to say but get's interrupted by the two dudes.
"Who are you?" they both say at the same time.
"I'm Kyle Reese," they both answer.
"Oh crap." they both exclaim.
"Hi Tracy," I say.
"Hello. Any idea what is going on?"  She asks.
"This yo-yo just grabs me and yells to come with him if I want to live."
"Oh, mine told me the same thing after calling me, Sarah."
"Wow, mine thinks my name is John."
"It's not?" Ask my dude.
"My name is Ralph."
"But," The dude says "You said your name is John."
"Actually, I was trying to say, My name is John? as a form of a question."
"Oh."
"What about you?" the other dude asks Tracy.
"Me?" Tracy says, "Right, I just thought you were cute. My name could be Sar-"
"Arrgh!" They both shout, "Wrong timeline!"

"What happened next?" Jerry interrupts. He always interrupts.
"Not much," I reply. "Tracy tells the guy she's got to go, pops up and uses her Fatman to totally VATS the robot chasing her. Then I do the same with my rocket launcher on the other one. The two Reese dudes stand up and gawk as robot bits rain down. I told Tracy, I'd see at the Vault 101 Mirelurk fry later this month and when we looked back both guys were gone."

"Damn," Jerry says.

"Weird Day," I say.

And that was pretty much it.
This is Ralph signing off.



No comments:

Post a Comment