Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Armygeddon Blues

Are you getting it?

Am I getting what?

Are you geddon it?

I think so.

You ruin everything.

Is that part of the song?

I hate you.

We stand in a crowd of pulsating bodies at some venue that reminds me of a rave eave that this music is louder, more outlandish, someone is screaming something.  There is a pungent odor of ozone and body sweat.

WOW Raids just aren't what they used to be.

Why do I invite you to these things?

Because I'm charming?

Hah! Just Dance with me!

Something large crashes nearby and everyone scatters. Someone is yelling Leroy. Now everyone including me is yelling Leroy as well. There are way too many dragons in the room now.

"Hey!"

Someone new is yelling. I look around. Nothing.

"Hey!"

I shrug maybe they will go away?

I'm talking to you, why are we farming this purple shit again?

I hear you, it's a guild thing.

"Hey!"

My monitor goes black.

"Mom!"

I rip the headphones off to glare up at my angry mother.

"Mom?"

She holds up the power cord to my monitor triumphantly.

"Now, that you are unplugged, can I have your attention?"

"Sure, Mom."

"Are you going to do anything today?"

I shrug.

"Like what?"

"How about like getting a job?"

"I have a job."

"A paying job."

"Oh."

"Oh? You think you can have a free ride here?"

"Of course not. I was just taking a break."

"Two months is not a break."

"Well, if you are going to get technical."

"What I am going to get is the power turned off."

"Okay, Mom, I get the message, let me finish what I am doing and I will go out and get a paying job, okay?"

"Okay, but if you think you are going back to playing that game, I'll be back in 15 minutes with a hammer."

"Right, right, got it."

She leaves, I plug the monitor back in. Everyone is dead. My screen is filled with angry messages.

Sorry about that. I had a Random MOM encounter.

Not to worry, we were wiping anyway.

From what I see, everyone thinks it's my fault.

Well after you froze you aggroed the Arch-Demon guy.

Ah.

I guess you're going AWK for the rest of the day?

Nope, I'm getting dressed and heading out to Nate's, I'll be back on in 2 hours.

Okay cool. I will reassemble another Raid by then. Anything I should tell Telementry?

That's the new Guild Lieutenant?

Yeah

Ask him if the Guild could afford to pay me to do this?

As if.

Figures.

Love ya.

Love you too.

Armygeddon it?

Nope, not unless I can come over to Los Alamos this weekend.

Better get a job. My dad is a hardass about deadbeat gamer boyfriends.

I'm not dating him.

Yeah, well if you want to date me, you might as well consider it the same thing.

I wonder if Tina is busy.

Tina has a boyfriend.

No shit.

She's also like 300 pounds

So.

I'm not.

Good point. Damn, here comes my mom again. Got to go.

Later loverboy.




No comments:

Post a Comment