Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Repair this!

Today I noticed something that has me baffled.
I was crossing the something called the Shenandoah highway when my combat shotgun jammed then broke while I was popping off a bloatfly. I did some unsavory language and practically jumped up and down on the broken gun. Now I would have to walk all the way back to Megaton to get a repair from my "Research" assistant Moira- she's the reason I am out here in the first place. Who wants to go looking for "Dad" when there are caps to be made anyway?
So I sat down in a sulk and though maybe I would lighten my mood by listening to this thing called radio on my pipboy. It was pretty garbled out here but this guy came on and started talking about repair you guns in the wasteland. Maybe Old Three-Penny- no wait that's not it, maybe his name was three-cat or three-cow or something had a point.
Here's what he said to do.
1. go kill some people (raiders preferably- they are the scum of the wastes anyway- all mohawks and unfortunate clothing choices) and get duplicate guns for what you want to repair.
2. find a comfortable place away from radioactive waste sites (there are a lot of these out here) pools of water- also radioactive, and probably defensible but not up on a rock ledge since you don't want to go chance nuts, bolts and bullets should you drop anything. I settled on a large patch of concrete near a bombed out building called the Diner near a town called Big Town.
3. take your weapon and place it next to the other likewise weapons.
4. disassemble according to your repair skills as describe in percentages by your pipboy.
5. Re-assemble the "fixed gun" and make cranking gear noises, and duct tape noises while doing so. (this was weird since I have never seen any of this "Duck tape" out here in the wastes nor any ducks for that matter).
6. Test fixed weapon preferably on the Radscorpion charging over to disturb your repairs.

Now I ask you.
What did I just do? Cause when I go to town I could swear that Moira does pretty much the same thing except her duct tape noises are more convincing.

this is Ralph from Vault 103 signing off.... and beating a hasty retreat- apparently the Diner has an infestation of giant fire breathing ants coming out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment