Friday, June 1, 2012

Dear Old Dad

You know one of the most disturbing things happened to me today. I was out in the Capitol Wasteland and came across this bar called the Pipboy Pitt. In it are about 5 other Vault exiles like myself. Yes, at first it was reassuring, after all there was Tracy from Vault 98. I guess she did finally get all that gear to Megaton. I bet Moira was ecstatic.
Anyway Tracy waves me over and introduces me to Henry from Vault 104, Peeta from Vault 72, Carl from Vault 106, Toni Ching from Vault 93, Kelsey Eight from Vault 90 and Mike from Vault 101. They are all pretty friendly and fair drunk. So I sit down among them and we have a drink.
Turns out we all have diffused the bomb at Megaton at one point or another. Someone apparently goes back in after a year or 2 and rearms it.
Turns out we all have had troubles with the Enclave hedging in on our business and trying to kill us in the process.
Getting snubbed by the Brotherhood as Wasteland rats, get dissed on by the Outcasts for about anything that comes to their minds at the time.
And we are all looking for our Dads.

Funny thing that came up and we all thought it was kind of weird at the time. All our dads have been called James at one time or another.

About an hour after we all headed back to our various residences around the wastes, I stop mid stride when it occurs to me that Dear Old Dad has been getting around a lot.

What is really weird about it is that None of us really look that much alike.

Ching is definitely Asian.
Kelsey 8 is definitely White.
Carl is definitely Black
and Mike might be one of those Indians.


I am betting Dad will probably be able to explains this when I do finally catch up with him.

Knowing Dear Old Dad though, he will find a way to avoid answering the question.

This is Ralph from Vault 103 signing off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment